This week we introduce two new segments to the show, for times when we do not have an event, guest, or other original content style topic. The news roundup and spend my money segments proved to be good fun the first time out of the gate.
- Going forward, we plan to cover the news in a rapid fire style. One person will read the headline and summarize the story. Everyone else gets 60 seconds to respond and then on to the next topic.
- Can-AM 10th anniversary models
- Indian has big plans for Sturgis this year
- Royal Riding launches Roadmaster touring seat line
- BMW K1600B demo rides at Sturgis
- 2018 Honda Goldwing speculation
Spend My Money:
- New segment where we'll take a scenario that we create or from listeners. We'll weigh all the requirements and provide one new and one used option for each of us on the show. So a minimum of two bikes (assuming we all pick the same) and a maximum of six bikes to choose from.
- Requirements we need: budget, riding style, solo or two up frequency, any other preferences, any must avoids, and as much detail as you want to provide.
- First up, someone that may sound familiar to listeners:
- Early 40's rider with nearly 20 years experience, started on a KLR650 and have ridden a softail Deuce for past 10 years. Looking for something more sporty and the option for touring (bags). Looking to keep it around $10k and there is no brand preference. Also prefer more character to the bike vs. highest specs.
- We'll follow up on this in the next couple episodes
- Bacon's Broken Bits wants Rich to ride the Harley Roadster for comparison
- We spend a good amount of time discussing how long it would take for Rich to ride to Costa Rica!
- Ray Price Capital City Bikefest - September 22-24 - Raleigh, North Caroliona
- Barber Vintage Festival - October 6th-8th, 2017 - Leeds, Alabama - CANCELLED due to personal obligations
Support the show and receive rewards for your contribution by visiting loudpipes.net/donate. Patreon is our focus and is an ongoing support model. There is also a link for one time donations and support of any size is greatly appreciated
Running time: 1 hour 11 minutes
Questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Feedback page