In this installment of Loud Pipes we discuss our 2016 predictions and find out who did the best and then we make our 2017 predictions. There was a little riding over the past week as Rich and Jon meet up for some BBQ at a sweet place - Pik-n-Pig.
- Electric bikes/car sales will decrease due to cheap gas/oil prices - (0)
- Larger front wheels has hit peak and decrease (1)
- New custom tread comes out in 2016 (2)
- Something new from HD - for new/women riders (0)
- Once ride the Ducati Multistrada enduro but don't like/not for me (2)
- Increased range for electric bikes and increase in sales again - (1)
- Bike manufacturers adding forced induction - (0)
- Rich ride the Guzzi flying fortress, is happy, and sells the Harley (1)
- Subaru continues high safety rating (2)
- Rico will buys Wendy a motorcycle (0)
- Bryce gets a bike (2)
- Indian and Victory increase in number sale (2)
- Zero leads electric bike sales (0)
- Scrambler sales order, Ducati, Triumph, (Yamaha next to do a scrambler) (1)
- Naked bikes - KTM 390 Duke (0)
- Sportster and Street from HD sales increase. (2)
- Rico get a bike - on/off road over 250cc
- Indian does some type of water cooling for touring bikes
- Conflict between aftermarket modifications and bike warranties around exhaust comes to a head
- Rico get a bike... ADV class
- Harley wins American Flat Track championship.
- Indian releases a new bike model
- More vintage style looking bikes
- Rich doesn't start project bike
- Bryce gets a new bike before Rich does
- There will be no new Bobber style bikes from manufacturers
- HD puts Mil8 in all bikes except Sportster and Street series
- Rider of Loud Pipes!:
- Mark A:
- Indian will continue expanding its part and accessories line-up
- HD 2018 will expand the 107 to the Softail and Dyna lines.
- HD will start to scare away customers if they start to restrict warranty claims on non OEM parts.
- Line between ADV/Upright sport touring will continue to blur
- More new mini ADV bikes like the G310GS or VStrom 300x
- HD in 2018 will expand the 107 to the Softail and Dyna lines.
- Mark A:
- Easyriders Bike Show Charlotte, NC January 21, 2017
- Rolex 24 hours at Daytona - Daytona, FL January 28-29, 2017
- American Flat Track Race - Charlotte, NC April 1, 2017
- Moto Vlogger Spring Mountain Ride - April 7, 2017 (Location TBD)
Support the show and receive rewards for your contribution by visiting loudpipes.net/donate. Patreon is our focus and is an ongoing support model. There is also a link for one time donations and support of any size is greatly appreciated.
Running time: 1 hour 27 minutes
Questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org or the Feedback page