Rico has made it back to the states, but is off traveling again with his new found mezcal.
We have officially kicked off our patreon page. Patreon provides a way for us to establish the "value for value" relationship. If you find value with our show, then your support is much appreciated. We have three goals identified as well as rewards for different pledge levels. Please visit our Patreon page for more detail and look forward to hearing more about this as we move forward and start to post Patreon only content.
Jon surprises Rich and Rico with the thought of giving up riding motorcycles if given a billion dollars. As this was one of the topics from Matthew Williams moto blogging videos. After Rich and Rico thought for a few moments they both agree they could as they could use put the money to A LOT of good use.
Interview with Jim May:
- Jim has been working at Matthews Fun Machines for 2 years.
- We discuss new and upcoming Moto Guzzi motorcycles and the history of the company
- Moto Guzzi started using the 90 degree v-twin in 1967
- Modified exhaust can sound like a V-8 engine and some aftermarket exhaust is made across the street from the Moto Guzzi factory.
- On the roof of the factory is an oval track. Moto Guzzi still takes bikes to the roof for a 1-2 miles ride to make sure bike is function correctly before being shipped to dealers.
- Bikes are 100% hand built in Mandello del Lario, Italy.
- Jim has been riding since 1975.
- First Moto Guzzi was 850T and trading in a 750 Ducati for it.
- One of his favorite bikes was a Moto Guzzi SB1000
- Le Mans line was another favorite bike
- Previously owned a California 1100
- Currently has a California 1400, which Rico test rode this back and we talked about it during episode 31
- Has owned 7 Ducati, 8 Moto Guzzi, Buell, Harley Davidson and some small Honda bikes over his lifetime.
- Has restored a 1970's Moto Guzzi 750 Bike and might see it a Easyriders show in Charlotte in January.
- Jim said that Matthew Fun Machine is hoping to get 2 Moto Guzzi Flying Fortress once they are released. One might be a demo bike so that will allow Rich to take it out for a little spin.
Upcoming events that one or more LoudPipes! members plan on attending:
- Easyriders Charlotte, NC Bike Show Tour (January 23, 2016)
- Charlotte AutoFair (April 7th-10th, 2016)
- 12th Annual Barber Vintage Festival (October 7th-9th, 2016)
Visit RDubStudios.com/donate if you would like to support the show. The donations are just recommendations you can give more or less to us improve the show. During the process, sign up for our newsletter for details on improvements and future plans. This page now also includes a direct link to our Patreon page, that allows for ongoing support for the show with rewards.
Running time: 1 hour 07 minutes
Questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org