This episode we review some exciting news from the EICMA 2015 show in Milan, Italy, and a big thanks to Jonathan Lockwood, co-host of the Borderless podcast for joining us.
Rico is still south of the border and has managed to string together enough bandwidth to join us again and we make it the second episode with international flair.
Jon was on tap to monitor the feedback email box and reviewed a note from a listener with concerns about security of the donate page. Rich mentioned that the donate button directs you to the secure back end of Squarespace and that payment processing is handled via Stripe. We do not hold save or have access to any credit card information.
- Jonathan gives us a overview of the Borderless podcast.
- Talk about Mescal and be sure to check out his brand at (www.guinoguino.com)
- Jonathan asked Rich and Rico why do they ride. Check out episode 17 for detail as Rich and Rico go into more details.
- No official attendance numbers for 2015, but figure saw increase number of visitors with respect to the 2014 show. Total visitors for 2014 was 628,600 and was (+14.7% over 2013)
- There was over 1,400 exhibitors and companies confirmed their presence for 2015 show. 60% of them come from abroad and 44 different countries.
- Indian Scout Sixty - New Smaller Displacement (60 cu in, 1,000cc) less expensive ($8,999) version.
- Ducati XDiavel - Visitor elect it as the "Best-looking bike"- 60.78% voted for it.
- Moto Guzzi MGX21 Flying Fortress - Rich wants one of these... and we have a long time Guzzi rider coming up on the next episode.
- Victory Ignition Concept
- European drag racer and custom bike builder Urs Erbacher took on the challenge of wrapping this motor in a package capable of putting the world-class power to the ground. The concept features and aggressive stand and frames the engine with a cast aluminum chassis, performance suspension and brakes with an aggressive Project 156 inspired paint scheme.
- Combustion (some soft of production bike) coming 12/11 at New York IMS (Motorcycle Men are planning on attending)
- Ducati Scrambler SIXTY2 - 399cc version, should be cheaper, pricing unknow at this point
- BMW R nineT Scrambler - A scrambler with some serious ponies - 110HP and 85.5 torque.
- We will be talking in more details of the BMW and Ducati's in coming episode as we are looking at getting Charlie from Motorcycles of Charlotte on the show to give us more details.
Upcoming events that one or more LoudPipes! members plan on attending:
- Easyriders Charlotte, NC Bike Show Tour (January 23, 2016)
- Charlotte AutoFair (April 7th-10th, 2016)
- 12th Annual Barber Vintage Festival (October 7th-9th, 2016)
Visit RDubStudios.com/donate if you would like to support the show. The donations are just recommendations you can give more or less to us improve the show. During the process, sign up for our newsletter for details on improvements and future plans.
Running time: 1 hour 04 minutes
Questions or comments: firstname.lastname@example.org